阿尔弗雷德·A·马基奥内 is a partner in our 技术, Communications and 知识产权 Group in 多伦多. He holds a master’s degree in engineering and graduated from the McGill Faculty of Law in 1986 as an Elizabeth Torrance Gold Medallist. He was called to the bars of Ontario and 魁北克 and is a registered patent and trade-mark agent.
阿尔弗雷德 is involved in all aspects of the clearance, acquisition, enforcement and exploitation of patents, trade-marks, copyright, designs and other forms of intellectual property, with special emphasis on high technology. He has particular experience in the patenting of inventions in the fields of networked communications, business and financial 服务 processes, software and other forms of computer technology.
阿尔弗雷德’s specific experience in intellectual property matters includes advising in respect of the development, preparation, filing, prosecution and management of originating patent and trade-mark portfolios having worldwide scope, comprising ongoing enforcement activity and the defense of third-party assertions, related infringement and validity legal opinion work, licensing and standards activity, intellectual property transactional support and general intellectual property counselling for the following clients:
- a large telecommunications equipment and 服务 provider; and
- a multinational computer software, hardware and 服务 company.
- a national financial 服务 institution in the structuring and negotiation of a multi-year technology development initiative involving a comprehensive front-end platform for multiple retail service delivery channels with back-end integration to existing legacy systems and applications;
- a major financial institution in respect of the structuring of a multi-billion dollar outsourcing arrangement to provide a comprehensive information technology infrastructure across its national operations with related technology procurement, asset management and application support 服务;
- a provincial securities regulator in the procurement of data consolidation 服务 for the collection and dissemination of quotation and transaction data among varied marketplaces, data vendors, news 服务 and subscribers; and
Prior to joining 麦卡锡·特劳特, 阿尔弗雷德 practised for a number of years with another Bay Street firm in 多伦多. Earlier in his career, he practised for several years at a large Ottawa-based intellectual property prosecution and litigation firm and thereafter, in-house with the Canadian arm of a multinational computer company.
阿尔弗雷德 is a past chair of the Information 技术 Committee of the 知识产权 Institute of Canada. He is also President of the Canadian National Group of the International Association for the Protection of 知识产权 (AIPPI) and is international Co-Chair of the IT and Internet Standing Committee of that organization. He has served on various other professional committees in the areas of intellectual property and information technology law.
首席律师: 知识产权 - Canada
Lexpert Special Edition - 技术
WHO's WHO Legal: Global
WHO's WHO Legal: Canada
首席律师: 知识产权 (Patents)
Managing 知识产权 IP Stars