凯瑟琳 塞缪尔 is a partner in the Business Law Group and 技术 Group in 卡尔加里. She is also the Regional Chair (Alberta) of the firm’s 专营权& Distribution Group. 她的执业经验广泛，着重于复杂的M&A和商业交易，包括私募股权，收购和资产剥离，重组，合资企业，战略项目，采购，IT和外包交易。
凯瑟琳 acts for Canadian and international clients in the energy, telecommunications, technology, retail and financial 服务 industries. She has extensive experience acting on cross-border transactions. She recently acted for a large diversified oil and gas company on a global shared IT infrastructure outsourcing arrangement with multiple service providers, a US private equity fund on its acquisition of a Canadian oilfield equipment manufacturing business and a global mining company in connection with a USD $1 billion disposition of certain Canadian businesses. With respect to franchising and distribution law, 凯瑟琳 advises clients on distributorships and related agreements and on franchise disclosure requirements.
凯瑟琳 has worked in both our 温哥华 and 卡尔加里 办事处. She gained valuable industry experience during a one-year secondment with the legal and commercial group of a leading global consulting, technology 服务 and outsourcing firm.
凯瑟琳 is very active within the firm and participates on the Diversity Committee, the Professional Resources Committee, and the Recruiting Committee. In 2009, she was selected in 专家 杂志的新星： 40岁以下领先律师.
凯瑟琳 is a member of the Law Society of Alberta, Law Society of British Columbia, Canadian Bar Association and 卡尔加里 Bar Association, and has served as a mentor for the University of 卡尔加里’s Venture Legal Clinic.
凯瑟琳 received her B.A. in English from the University of 多伦多 in 1992, followed by an LLB (with Distinction) in 1998, from the 萨斯喀彻温大学 where she was a recipient of the Law Society of Saskatchewan Prize in Professional Responsibility and the Canadian Petroleum Law Foundation Prize in Natural Resources Law. She was called to the Alberta bar in 1999, and the British Columbia bar in 2004.
凯瑟琳 advises public and private companies on commercial arrangements, mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, outsourcing and technology-related matters, including licensing, reseller and distribution agreements, onshore and offshore BPO and IT outsourcing transactions, e-commerce and privacy issues, and franchise-distribution matters including franchise disclosure requirements. She also has experience acting for private equity firms and with the financing of public and private companies through prospectus and private placement distributions of equity and debt securities. Highlights of 她最近的经历包括：
- Acting for a significant energy company on the competitive procurement of outsourced application maintenance and application development 服务;
- Negotiating and drafting a complex long-term 服务 arrangement on behalf of an electric utility for an 800-megawatt natural gas and steam power plant facility;
- Negotiating and drafting a novel lottery 服务 joint venture arrangement involving the distribution of lottery products and related 服务 using POS payment devices;
- Acting for a technology supplier in respect of an advanced metering infrastructure (AMI) transaction involving the procurement of an AMI system and related 服务 by an electric utility;
- Advising a customer care service provider on various commercial technology arrangements, including licensing, hosting and reseller arrangements, as well as customer arrangements related to the provision of IT 服务;
- Acting for an internet 服务 company with respect to end-user commercial arrangements and supply agreements with local access service providers, internet service providers and application service providers;
- Providing ongoing contract management advice to a global management consulting firm on an IT 服务 outsourcing arrangement and with respect to various commercial technology arrangements, including licensing, hosting and reseller arrangements, as well as customer arrangements related to the provision of IT 服务; and
首席律师：计算机& IT Law; Corporate Mid-Market; and 技术 Transactions
专家 Special Edition: 技术
专家 Special Edition: 能源