在大M背景下保护您的税收利益&As, corporate reorganizations and complex tax structuring issues. That’s what 弗雷德·普基 will do for you.
弗雷德 is called in on a great number of files, mostly large transactions with a lot of moving parts, employing a practical approach to solving complex problems and making timely decisions to eliminate potential delays. A partner in our National Tax Group, located in 蒙特利尔, 弗雷德 advises on the income tax issues relating to mergers and acquisitions of public and private corporations, corporate reorganizations, real estate investment trusts, pension funds, financing structures and private equity funds.
弗雷德 acts for large commercial real estate entities with holdings in 魁北克 and elsewhere in Canada, as well as for international corporations doing business in Canada. He also advises Canadian companies on goods and 服务 tax matters, and employee compensation arrangements.
Using his extensive experience in large transactions, 弗雷德 remains on top of the deal, acting as the central repository of the knowledge from the tax perspective all the way through the transaction. Clients can rely on his proven ability to solve tax issues with creative solutions to ensure a successful transaction.
- 代表Noverco Inc.以12亿加元收购Valener Inc.的协议。
- Acted as counsel to an investment group in the acquisition of a major Canadian sports franchise. This transaction, which also included the team’s playing facility and a large independent 事件s promotion company, is considered to be among the most significant acquisitions ever completed in professional sports in North America.
- Represented a prominent real estate group in its negotiated takeover bid of a large Real Estate Investment Trust for approximately $119 million. The transaction culminated in the client’s graduation from the TSX Venture Exchange to the 多伦多 Stock Exchange. This bid defeated an unsolicited takeover bid from one of the client’s key competitors.
- 代表一家主要的房地产投资信托基金以15.27亿美元的价格收购11家投资组合 一家跨国房地产公司的购物中心，三处办公物业和一处工业物业。
- Represented a global digital business solutions agency in its acquisition of all the outstanding shares of a multinational digital 服务 company headquartered in 多伦多.
弗雷德 writes widely on tax issues, and has been recognized as one of 词汇学’s Legal Influencers for publishing top law content. He also lends his expertise to panels at national and international tax conferences and has lectured on taxation at 麦吉尔大学 Faculty of Law, and on the taxation of real estate in the 麦吉尔大学 Graduate Diploma in Taxation program.
弗雷德 completed the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants, In-Depth Tax Course, Levels I, II &III，是信托和房地产从业者（TEP）。他于1996年获得麦吉尔大学的法学博士学位（JD）和民法学士（BCL）学位，并于1998年被任命为魁北克律师。以前，他获得了韩国延世大学的政治学硕士学位（1990） ），并获得阿卡迪亚大学国际关系学士学位（1988年）。