马修 is highly regarded for leading sophisticated mergers, acquisitions, and commercial transactions, often for high-profile clients pursuing disruptive change.
马修 has been repeatedly ranked by Chambers & 伙伴s, a peer-validated guide to the best lawyers in Canada, and is listed in the Canadian Lexpert Directory as a leading lawyer in the areas of 合并&收购和私募股权。
Clients value 马修’s extensive experience leading complex and important mergers, acquisitions and other commercial transactions. 马修 is often engaged on high-profile transactions, with particular experience advising clients pursuing disruptive or transformative change within an industry or organization. His matters often involve public and governmental sensitivities or diverse stakeholder interests.
Recognized as a key player in high-profile transactions, 马修 represents industry-leading clients, including banks, private equity firms, pension funds, major corporations and mid-sized businesses. 马修 brings the whole strength of the Firm to bear on a clients biggest opportunities and challenges. Some of his representative transactions include:
- advising Uber in connection with its acquisition of self-driving technology from leading researchers at The University of 多伦多, and the formation of its Advanced 技术 Group;
- 为Canopy Growth Corporation就各种战略收购提供咨询；
- advising OMERS Private Equity and Berkshire 伙伴s on the $2.1 billion acquisition of an advanced manufacturing business;
- advising Oxford on the acquisition of the Metro 多伦多 Convention Centre.
马修 is an experienced corporate director, currently holding the following roles:
- Director of the Invictus Games (Canada), the 2017 host of an international sporting 事件 for wounded, injured and sick military 人nel, a charitable initiative founded by Prince Harry
马修 obtained his BA in 1997 and an LLB in 2000, both from the 西安大略大学. He was called to the Ontario Bar in 2002.
首席律师: 合并and Acquisitions Law