梅根 桥梁 is an associate in our Litigation Group in 多伦多. She maintains a general practice with a focus on professional liability and commercial disputes. Her commercial litigation practice includes acting for financial institutions in wealth disputes and defending class actions against clients in the retail &消费市场空间。她还曾在矿业过失纠纷和调查中为采矿公司服务。
Ms. 桥梁 has appeared before the Ontario Superior Court of Justice, Ontario Court of Justice, and Ontario Court of Appeal. She has been counsel in both jury and judge-alone trials involving complex medical negligence and commercial disputes. Ms. 桥梁 has also appeared before the Discipline Committee of the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario and the Health Professions Appeal and Review Board.
Recent cases in which Ms. 桥梁 has acted as counsel include:
- Covanta诉Barton-Malow等，2016年，ONSC 2044（S.C.J.），涉及有关仲裁条款的解释和适用的争议；
- Central Sun Mining Inc.诉Vector Engineering Inc.。，2016年ONSC 7927（S.C.J.），涉及当事方代表矿业公司针对设计和建造金矿的工程师提起的诉讼中有关当事方对发现的检验义务的争议；
- 张诉萨姆拉，2018年ONSC 3480（S.C.J.），根据复杂的陪审团审判，根据第52.08条提出的撤销该诉讼的动议或新审判；
- 张诉萨姆拉，2018年ONCA 923，一项在2018年ONSC 3480判决后撤销对新审判的上诉的动议；和
- Hemming诉JAZZ.FM 91 Inc.，2018年，ONSC 7781（S.C.J.），涉及被告公司成员名单中包含的联系信息申请，以进行代理权之争。
Ms. 桥梁 received her BA in Honours Business Administration (Scholar’s Electives Program) with Distinction from the Richard Ivey School of Business in 2011. She graduated as an Ivey Scholar. She obtained her JD with Honours from the University of 多伦多 in 2014, and was awarded the Michael J. Moldaver Prize for first in third year.
Ms. 桥梁 was called to the Ontario bar in 2015. She is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Bar Association, and the Ontario Bar Association.